PV Performance data for modelling available generation in Distribution Network Operator areas
The spreadsheets available for download below contain hourly values for 2005-2014 for each of 12 UK Distribution Network Operators for the following parameters: Air Temperature deg.C., Global Horizontal Irradiance (G0) Wh/m^2, In-plane irradiance (due south, 22 deg. Tilt) G.POA Whm^2, Module Temperature deg. C. (Tmod), kWh/kWp. Installed Capacity of Solar Farms 2015 (MWelec) and Overallenergy MWh.
NOTE: Higher spatial resolution data is available upon request mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Location of solar farms and domestic installations compared to solar resource and population distribution.
Installed capacity of solar farms is for 2015 from:
The meteorological and energy data is calculated from UK Meteorological Office measured values as described in publications:
- Palmer et. al. “The UK Solar Farm Fleet: A Challenge for the National Grid?”
- Palmer et. al. “Interpolating and estimating horizontal diffuse solar irradiation to provide UK-wide coverage: selection of the best performing models.”
- Koubli et. al. “Inference of missing data in photovoltaic monitoring datasets.”
If you make use of this data, please:
- E-mail mailto:email@example.com with details of your employer/institution and a brief description of the project for which you require the data.
- Cite this journal paper in any publications.
- Feel free to link this webpage and the journal papers to any relevant online resources.